Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

storytelling.

One of my best friends, Katie, has a story for everything. You are talking about introductions? She has a story to tell you about that. Oh, did someone say Adam Lambert? There was this one time...

I think a lot of us know someone like Katie, funny and captivating storytellers. They always know how to fill an awkward pause or a silence with a story. Unfortunately, storytelling is not considered a source of entertainment it the way it was before phones, internet, social media, etc.

Told CLE is working to change that.

Told is a live storytelling event that works as a platform for audience members and featured storytellers to share their best stories. The theme changes each event. Some of the nine past event themes included: "Nice to Meet You" and "Foreign Territory." Every member of the audience has the opportunity to put their name into a drawing for the chance to tell their story surrounding that night's theme.

Told is such a unique and fun concept, I couldn't wait to check it out! My first event was Told #9: Love In Cleveland at Market Garden Brewery. I didn't know what to expect, but let me tell you...I was blown away.

I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt and six minutes later I was holding back tears listening to heart-wrenching stories about love. The evening was fun and the featured storytellers were excellent. However, the Told I attended was definitely special.



Thrive Cleveland had partnered with Told to tell a touching story of "The Best Wedding that Never Happened." The story was about a couple, Brittany and Gio who have been in love in Cleveland since their early teens. However, for a number of reasons they have not been able to afford a wedding, The story took an unexpected turn when we were told that they were getting married that night, at Told#9!



I was honored to be a part of this amazing event. If you couldn't make to Told#9, you can still be a part of this beautiful story by supporting Brittany and Gio's Honeymoon. 

Thank you to  everyone who worked together to make Told#9 Love in Cleveland a memorable evening! Needless to say, I cannot wait for Told#10 Vindicated!


*And the cutest part of all, the best storyteller in my life (Katie) is getting married too! Love is in the air! 

No comments:

Post a Comment