Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

day trip.

If  you drew a little 3 hour radius circle around Cleveland, you would be surprised to see how much you could do in a day. The Lake Erie Islands, Sandusky, Columbus, Hocking Hills, Geneva and plenty of fun stops in PA all within a short drive. I am always working to check these destinations off my list.  So this past weekend we made a trip out to Fallingwater and Pittsburgh! 


Frank Lloyd Wright was a pretty BA architect. He just kinda poo-pooed the rules and did what he wanted (respect). Fallingwater is no exception as it is the perfect blend of art and nature. The whole house was designed for the Kaufmann family (think Macy's department store) to be a part of nature, instead of simply view it. It was built as a summer vacation home and they adored it. After touring the home, I can see why. Definitely worth the trip to visit this architectural masterpiece! 


On our way back we stopped in Pittsburgh to visit the Andy Warhol Museum. I quickly found out that this is the largest single artist museum in the country. We spent a couple of hours exploring seven floors of Andy Warhol's work. I loved every minute of it! 

Before heading home, we stopped at little dive bar featured on Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives called Big Jim's. Fun, laid back atmosphere and good food. I also received plenty of suggestions from my Pittsburgh-dwelling friends that I can't wait to check out next time! 

In other Cleveland news: 


This Erin Guido public art display was the bright spot in my Monday. She is so talented! Definitely check out her work. She has a few prints I've been eyeing up, but I would really prefer she just wallpaper my house in these colorful, fun shapes, 

Other bright spots this week in CLE: 

Happy Bastille Day, Friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment