Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

dinner at provenance.

The Cleveland Museum of Art seeks to bring the pleasure and meaning of art to the broadest possible audience in accordance with the highest aesthetic, intellectual, and professional standards. 

I wish I could take credit for that beautifully crafted sentence but I can't because it is an excerpt from the museum's perfect mission statement. In my humble, non-expert opinion, the CMA fulfills its mission. We have a world class cultural gem in our backyard. Don't ever forget that. Last Friday evening, Chris and I had a date night at the museum. I love that every time I visit, it is a completely new experience. 


This visit, we spent time in Gallery One which I had often passed by before on my quest to Impressionism. I was blown away by this gallery. The CMA has one of the world's largest interactive touchscreens that allows you to explore the museum's permanent collection right after stepping through the front door.  


I thought this part of the gallery was ingenious with the interactive screens placed in front of a collection. These exhibits are so intriguing and fun. They poll visitors, educate you about the pieces and force you to think deeper about the art that surrounds you in the museum. This is the perfect blend of technology and art. 

After spending an hour or two exploring the exhibits we made our way to Provenance just tucked to the right of the Ames Family Atrium. This restaurant is a result of a partnership between the Bon Appétit Management Company and Doug Katz. On previous visits, I ate at the cafe part of the restaurant and was not disappointed. That explains why our fantastic dinner at Provenance was no surprise. 



Chris and I opted to do the Prix Fixe menu which is inspired by various collections in the museum. This meal in particular was inspired by the Italian artists currently featured in the Reid Gallery. My meal started with the house made ricotta ravioli. 


Next up: a brick herb grilled organic chicken with a mascarpone polenta. The chicken was some of the best I've ever had. The polenta took me back to some of my favorite meals in Italy. 



To finish, a pistachio gelato with this heavenly chocolate sauce made its way to the table and directly to my tummy. Chris chose all the options that I didn't pick which works out quite nicely for tasting reasons...You can see the whole menu here.  If you are not in the mood for a full meal, the bar bites look very good too. 

Friday night plans? If not consider a dinner at Provenance or check out one of these Cleveland events

No comments:

Post a Comment