Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

ode to swenson's.

The year was 1998, I was 7 years old and had a big head of curly hair (some things never change). At this time in my life, one of the most exciting phrases my mom could say was, "It is time to drop off the recyclables." 

Anyone who knows me probably is rolling their eyes and thinking, please Alexandria, do not give us another lecture about how important recycling is. Lucky for all you eye rollers, today's post is not about recycling, but rather a wonderful, delicious hamburger. 

When I was little, "dropping off the recyclables" meant we had to drive all the way from North Canton to Jackson Township because that was the nearest place that accepted cans. Trust me the best part of the trip was not the 5 cents I received for our hard work collecting garbage bags full of cans. (seriously though, what the heck was with that pathetic pay). No no, the best part about recycling was the Swenson's that was conveniently located next door. 


My mom figured this was probably a good enough bribe to get myself, and my two younger siblings into the car. She was right. 

Everyone seems to have a story like mine with Swenson's. The fond memories of what made Swenson's part of their childhood. That first bite into a double cheeseburger with the slightly sweet bun and super melty cheese is something you remember forever. Or looking at the long list of milkshake flavors and trying to decide which combination is best (hot fudge banana if you are wondering). And there's just something so perfect about a big potatoey fry being dipped into a cold creamy milkshake. 

When I moved to Cleveland, I missed all of those things. So when I found out they have a new food truck that travels to me, well I felt it necessary to share this with the entire internet world. 

If you are in Cleveland and desperately need your Swenson's fix follow them on Twitter and you can track that truck down like I do. Today they will be at Walnut Wednesday...and so will I. 

The time Swenson's came to JCU *insert heart-eyed emoji here*

Andddd, if you haven't been to Swenson's, well quite frankly I am sorry for you and I feel as though you should probably make that a priority today. 



and don't forget to recycle :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment