Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

play ball.


When asked what your favorite holiday is, most first answers are not Easter. This holiday often falls behind Christmas, Thanksgiving and even Halloween for lots of people. And while I would agree, I love the fact that Easter feels so fresh and bright. Plus I love ham.


Easter was filled with brunch food and colorful eggs (for childhood tradition's sake). My mom also recently started dyeing eggs with onion skins the way her parents used to. I think they look so beautiful! If you want to try that next year, let my girl Martha show you how

My sister and dad made this homemade baguette. So I #putaneggonit
Friday is a big day in Cleveland. This year the Indians home opener was made even more exciting by the $26 million renovation that took place over the winter. I had the opportunity to get a sneak preview thanks to Engage Cleveland



The renovations were geared towards creating a more social environment within the stadium and changing up the fan experience. This included a brand new, two-story bar deemed "The Corner" complete with a lounging area, fire pit and automatic beer dispensers.


It wouldn't be a baseball game without a good hot dog, ballpark mustard, nachos and beer...right? Someone was thinking the same thing because these renovations included bringing in restaurant favs from the various Cleveland neighborhoods: Barrio, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Sweet Moses, Melt and Dynomite Burgers all in one spot. HEAVEN. 



This new area will be accessible by purchasing a specially priced $13 ticket which includes admission to the game and your first beer or beverage! While these "seats" are standing room only, there are plenty of different areas to explore and places to set down your drink and nachos. Not a bad deal. I cannot wait for summer nights spent at Progressive Field with this kind of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment