Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

miniature summer.

Remember on the last day of fifth grade when the bell rang and you couldn't get out of school fast enough to start summer? The next few months would be filled with hot, sunny days, drippy popsicles, cookouts and baseball games. It feels like those carefree summers were left behind after starting high school. High school meant non stop sport practices (volleyball: you were the bane of my existence) and summer jobs (bleh).

Strangely enough, I felt a little like my fifth grade self at college graduation. One whole month with limited responsibilities, no work and few plans. It was the best feeling knowing I have a miniature summer this year. I intend on squeezing in all the popsicles and pool time I can before entering the real world at the beginning of July.

Tribe Time
 To kick off the summer, I have attended two baseball games for our Indians. One concluded with fireworks and the other with awesome dugout seats thanks to my friend, Alicia! So American.


Boat Rides
Whether it was on the Goodtime III or Chris' family boat, I've been spending some time in and around Lake Erie.


Don't forget to make a trip to the lake this summer. Mentor Headlands is my favorite spot, but Edgewater Beach is also hosting weekly happy hour events! 

Exploring
I found Rito's a fun Italian Deli and Bakery in addition to discovering Chuppa's Marketplace in Parma. They have delicious fresh squeezed orange juice. It was refreshing and perfect for hot summer days.



4. Alfresco Dining
Alfresco Dining definitely didn't happen in 5th grade but whatever. It's my grown up favorite summertime activity. We stopped in Little Italy for an outside meal at Angelo's Nido Italian Restaurant (try the stuffed rigatoni).



5. Walks in the Park 
Wade Oval is looking extra perfect this time of year.



So is Shaker Lakes Park


 
Bonus: Brunch 
Ok, fine yes I brunch all year religiously. However, I had to include this because I was finally able to try Fire Food & Drink brunch in Shaker Square. I love the patio and can definitely see myself going back for a sticky bun and coffee on a lazy weekend morning.



If you have a favorite summertime activity let me know in the comments below so I can try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment