Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

eating good food for a good cause.

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to participate in the Cleveland Food Bank's Market at the Food Bank Annual Event. This event benefits Harvest for Hunger and featured foods from over 50 restaurants and beverage purveyors in the area. 



If you've never been to the Food Bank, its worth checking out. I had the opportunity to volunteer through my internship last summer and I was wowed by the enormous space! It is definitely not your average Church Food Pantry...

While the event itself may be a bit pricey for my peer readers, I will say it would be worth the donation next year or the following year. It was such a fun night and it always feels good to know you are making a difference.

And you never know who you are going to run into. It was pretty cool to talk to Melt Bar & Grilled's owner and taste some of their "Sweet Crispy Treats Flight" since most of us don't make it to the dessert menu at Melt!

Be sure to keep the Market at the Food Bank in mind for next spring if you want tasty treats like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment