Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

autumn.

Whether you prefer autumn or fall, I think there's one thing everyone can agree on. We love this season for the following 10 reasons. 

1. Pumpkin Spiced Latte
2. Hay Rides 
3. Halloween Festivities 
4. Carving Pumpkins
5. Hot Apple Cider
6. Leaf Piles
7. Fall Boots 
8. Apple Picking/ Pumpkin Patch
9. Watch a Scary Movie 
10. Carmel Apples

I started checking some items of my list by attending this past weekends's RIPE! Festival at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens

The day started off with sampling creative pancakes from local chefs in the second annual Pancake Flip-Off. We critiqued each one and voted for our favorites. While they were all delicious and unique, my favorite was the pancake by Fat Cats (In Tremont). This pancake was made with Ohio corn, topped with maple syrup, mixed berry compote, and a touch of chèvre. 


The winner was a delicious pumpkin pie-like pancake topped with a bourbon maple syrup and a cinnamon spiced whipped cream.

The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around the perfectly landscaped botanical gardens and sampling the vendor foods. It was so relaxing taking in the sights and smells of fall while listening to the music of the live bands. 


I even had the opportunity to make some of my own music at the Play Me I'm Yours piano. 


After enjoying the festival, we stopped over at the Cleveland Museum of Art to check out the Chalk Festival. Artists of all ages were working intently on creating vibrant masterpieces. I definitely want to get a square next year. 



Did I miss something? Share you fall favorites in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment