Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

all of the lights.


May 2nd was the official unveiling of the beautiful additions to Cleveland's Playhouse Square. The planning began back in the early 90's when I was just a tiny baby and last night, I was able to experience the finished product.  It was truly a night to remember.


The evening began with a "Taste of Playhouse" featuring most of the Playhouse District restaurants and bars. We purchased tickets that were later exchanged for some delicious Chorizo Mac & Cheese as well as some fun drinks.

We stood by the new fire pit in the plaza and listened to a live jazz band watching as adorable little kids danced.

Hot Chelle Rae opened with a few fun songs and closed with their radio hits of "Don't Say Goodnight" and "Tonight, Tonight."



After a few speakers, the crowd of roughly 20,000 was surprised by a performance from Dee Roscioli   who played the part of Elphaba on Wicked. Defying Gravity set the stage as each arch and sign was lit up with a small burst of fireworks eventually drawing everyone to the lighting of the chandelier.  The night ended with an AMAZING firework display.






Throughout the entire evening, I was laughing, eating, drinking, smiling, dancing, shivering, jumping, singing, hugging, and even tearing up (gosh, so emotional I know). I can't help it, it was such a great night for Cleveland!


Downtown was so alive last night with the Indians, Cher and Dazzle the District. Arts and Culture are crucial to a thriving city and I think last night was proof of that. I am so proud of the people that really believe in this city and I am thankful for all the organizations that work to make events like last night a reality.  I can't wait to see what is next.


No comments:

Post a Comment